Map of the Mathare Valley

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I Have Arrived!!

I am in Kenya!!!
Troy and I just arrived in Kenya Friday night after two days of traveling form LAX to Dubai, United Arab Emirates to arrive in Kenya.  Everything went off without a hitch, well almost everything.  We had a slight panic moment when we got off the plane, got our visas and baggage to find out no one was waiting to pick us up like we had anticipated.  It was okay though, a kind Kenyan offered his cell phone to us to call and find out that our family was just running late - crisis averted :)
After a late night just catching up we have been spending our first day relaxing and running errands while getting ready to meet at Rosslyn Academy, Kasey's school, to see her final volleyball game against RVA, the school where Cassie Luna taught at while she was here.  It was a very close game but Kasey's team pulled it through and won the final and Kasey took home the title of MVP for the year!

So during our layover in Dubai Troy and I took a bus tour of the city.  Here are a few pictures of the crazy things in that city.



A view of many of the buildings in Dubai

 Troy with the tallest building in the world, 813 meters high

This is on the road down the middle of the palm tree island on Dubai in front of the hotel at the end of the road where rooms range from $500-13,000 a night... yikes...


 On the beach in Dubai, the sand was definitely too hot to walk on, behind Troy is the only 7 star hotel in the world... 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Love the photos. I am your first follower and I feel like I am on the adventure with you. God bless all that you do Courtney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yes, we know Rosslyn won! Cograts Kas!

    ReplyDelete