Today was such a blessing. I have been here for awhile and have been to the Kiamaiko center a number of times but out of all these times I have not been able to spend a quality amount of time with the young girl I sponsor there Beatrice Wanjiru (I believe thats how to spell her last name :/ ) Beatrice knows who I am and when I am at the center I make a point to go by her classroom and say hello but I do not want to disturb her class when it is a normal day of school. But today I was able to see her multiple times during VBS and at the end of the day I was able to join Crossroads and give her a gift I have been holding on to for her. Beatrice is just so full of smiles and giggles as you can see in the pictures and even though she does not say much she just makes me smile and blesses me in so many ways.
It is just crazy to think that I have been sponsoring her for over a year and it was over a year ago almost to the day that I first met her. Being able not just to sponsor a child in Kenya but then to be able to met her and personally hand that beautiful smiling face a gift is just such an overwhelming blessing that I can not even begin to praise God for.
Beatrice is the little girl in the middle. This is during VBS after she saw me and told some of her friends that I was her sponsor. It always makes my heart so happy to see her face light up like mine when we get to meet at the center.
This is the big purple blanket I made Beatrice as a gift before I left the states. Head teacher Lillian stuck it on her head and crawled under it to be silly. Beatrice got a kick out of it :)
It was so amazing to be able to see Beatrice's eyes get huge when I gave her a pair of shoes. Something that is as simple to us as a pair of shoes just made her face light up!
Beatrice and me with her new pink plaid sneakers :)
This is the first of many pictures Beatrice started taking herself.
After I talked to Beatrice I showed her how to use my camera and she loved it so I let her go around the room with my camera and take pictures of her friends with their sponsors. She absolutely loved it and being able to hear her little giggles whenever she took a picture she liked was just so amazing. (this is a picture of Jessica Luna with her little boy, Felix)
One of the girls on the Crossroads team brought this fuji instant camera (the new polaroid) with her and let us all take a single picture with our children to give them to take home. Beatrice was so happy to have a picture to take home of her own and her she is showing it off :)
No comments:
Post a Comment